Thursday, April 23, 2015

Argh - One Plus One Update ate my phone. :(


I finally got the delayed Lollipop update, but it seems to have trashed my phone.  Probably because of my having so much crap on it.

I never updated the previous non-OTA builds because I don't want to lose the gigabytes of podcasts and music I carry around.  When I updated though, the Google Now launcher wouldn't respond to screen touches,  The reboot pop up would work - but I couldn't run any apps.  :-(  I think Now and Trebuchet were both fighting for the touches and I lost.  It worked for a couple minutes and that was it.

I tried to clear cache - but that didn't do anything.  If you're stuck too - just go to the Cyanogen loader:


  • turn the phone off
  • hold down 'volume down' and 'power' until the phone goes 'clunk' and starts to boot
  • release the button
  • scroll the Cyanogen loader to 'clear all user data'  and let it reboot


This will lose everything - so all my music is gone, and I have to reload all my podcasts.  Annoying - I'm holding off on Oxygen until I use this a bit more.  I've got 10GB of high speed data left so I guess I can stream all of Thor's Emilie Autumn favorites for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment