Monday, July 11, 2016

Does the Thync work? Yup. Gonna keep it? Nope.


I've just packed the Thync up to send back before I'm charged for it.  It does work - I did do a semi-blind test and it seems to have the desired effects.  Aside from my other complaints - if you follow the directions exactly it's relatively painless and does seem to actually do what it says.  If you need or want something to perk you up or to calm you down it's worth it.

- if the 'power' level is too low, the sensation feels very much like 'bees in your head' as one of my victims said.  I'm not sure he listened to too much Nicki Minaj but this seems pretty accurate


 The lower power has a weird, skin-crawling feel that's not appealing at all.  If you don't know to turn it higher - this is the point you'd take it off and send it back.  I don't have much sense, so I turned it higher.

- if the power is too high, there's a eldritch pinching sensation that runs around your entire skull.  Not great either.  Getting to the sweet spot between the two is hard.

If everything is just right - there's no weird feelings and it works.  Anything else it's miserable.

I know how to work it now - but it's just honestly not useful enough for me.  I'm sure a lot of folks really could use this - but they aren't going to see it and they aren't going to be able to figure it out.

There are other complaints too (I'm full of complaints :-P ) - when I cancelled the order and requested an RMA, good marketing would offer a discount to keep the device in my hands rather than send it back and take the re-manufacturing charge.  I just got a generic Salesforce email with a bar code and that was it.  And I didn't get any 'you doing okay?' emails from Thync either.  And I didn't get any direct contact from them from these articles either.  I'm a moderate net celebrity (I'm more famous than most of the people in P90X at least) and I didn't get a peep.  I complained about VMWare's cloud offering sucking and I got lots of direct tweets and messages from them offering to help.

Anyway - the Thync experiment is done.  I don't see these guys being around in another year.  It's good hardware and technology - but I see lots of money being burned but not much coming in.


No comments:

Post a Comment