Friday, July 1, 2016

I Thync I can...


The Thync comes packaged nicely, like you would expect.  The electrode strips come in little sealed bags with the two flavors of them:


Energy

Calm (it's working already!)


Mine had some sort of weird funk or rouge on the actual device that looked like it was tested on a circus clown - sort of gross, but it looked like maybe tacky adhesive.  I used some alcohol pads to get it off before putting it anywhere near my precious face.  There were a couple of things that I found weird from my perspective looking through the docs.  Top one was that they only mentioned iOS.  Seriously.  iOS has a really strong following in some very specific groups - but hardcore techies overwhelmingly use Android.  Android is 83+% of the market.   iOS is substantial - but middle managers and educators are not going to be lining up to stick electrodes on their heads.


There was one thing that really annoyed me in the packaging - check out this:


I don't know who the hell this Izy dude is - but I do know that printing cards on heavy stock with embossing isn't cheap, and adding stuff like this to kits isn't cheap either.  Unless this guy paid for this particular part of the box himself - doing something like this cost $20-50k of some investor's money for a bit of self-promotion.  Could be wrong, but this makes me angry just to look at.

Next up - setting it up...



No comments:

Post a Comment